[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Caps Secondary Chokes

> The way I am going is making my own capacitors.

Craig,

I would appreciate seeing a description of the materials used  and
steps involved in building your own capacitor (Do you use aluminum
foil for the electrodes? Where do you get the polyethylene? How do you
exclude air from the layers? etc...). Chip uses a vacuum pump for one
step (a luxury item which I don't have access to) and I would be
interested to see if there are less involved methods of making a decent
capacitor.   Also, I don't remember who brought up the TCBOR video,
but I would be interested in hearing what they say about capacitor
construction, too.

Steven Roys (sroys-at-anchorage.ab.umd.edu)