From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
To: richard.quick-at-slug-dot-org
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 17:08:45 -0400
Subject: Re: New rotary wheel

Richard,

The circuit breakers that are clearly labled 20 amps and did not trip at 35
and 45 amps are Square D.  They were installed when the house was built about
8 years ago.  I always thought they were a reputable manufacturer.

I completed the construction today on my wheeled cart for the coil with a
storage shelf underneath for the capacitor and the spark gaps  -  making some
progress toward getting outside.

As you know, I have been only using two eight foot ground rods thus far,
which I soak for about 45 minutes before firing the coil.  For the new
outside location, I plan to install three rods in an area that has a french
drain that drains water from the backyard.  It is usually damp at least on
the surface.  I am also planning on installing one ground some distance away
as a ground for the 60 cycle - RF filters, variac cases, etc.  Do you think
one rod is sufficient for this?  I would think so.  How much distance from
the main RF ground rods do you think I need?

Ed Sonderman
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12