[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Schematic

     Hi All, with reference to Richards posting on 26/08 showing the Tesla
     coil Schematic LC oscillator. I have a question which will no doubt
     display my horrendous ignorance.

     What is the difference between the LC oscillator circuit with the
     spark gap connected across the transformer secondary and the LC
     oscillator with the capacitor connected across the secondary ??

     Which one works better , if any?

     By the way, I have recieved my stainless torus which is actually 12.5"
     OD and 5.5" ID made from 3" pipe. It looks fantastic, I must grind
     down the welds and shotblast the thing, then I am ready to test in
     conjunction with my new secondary (15" x 3" Dia wound with 0.4mm
     enamelled wire and 3 coats of PU varnish) and my professional spark
     gap assembly  (3 series gaps using carbon 1" diameter rods)

     More power Igor!

     Steve Crawshaw

     0181 2252378