[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Q's and Spark Gaps

Malcom:
	Good to hear from you and this is interesting correspondence.
I just have to get some of Richard's videos!  As far as the little
coil goes, main improvements have been in making bigger toroids
and cleaning up the setup, which is still FAR from decent, with
long #18 leads from the capacitors, etc.  Not proud of the primary,
which is Richard's rightly despised "vertical helix", but it's
very easy to build.  I have been trying to figure out how to
do a neat job of winding conical or saucer-shaped primaries.  How
do you "big boys" do it so it looks good?
Ed