[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: quest'ns

 * Original msg to: Poteet-at-azstarnet-dot-com

Quoting Jason Poteet <poteet-at-AZSTARNET.COM>:

> I am relatively new to the list, but thought you might
> appreciate a comment on this.  I am an apprentice electrician
> in Tucson, AZ.  Here we are required to drive two eight
> foot copper clad ground rods into the ground for each service,
> but I am fairly certain that this is different for different
> areas of the country.  I believe we are required to ground so
> extensively due to the low moisture content in our soil.

I am sure you are correct. However this is a "code" ground
designed for 60 cycle work. A dedicated RF ground for Tesla
work is a different story, and would have requirments closer
perhaps to a medium sized commercial AM radio transmitter shack
and tower.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12