[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sparking behavior and a magnifier question

Chip,

Your diagram below is a little misleading.  Notice I said NEAR 2f for
the secondary, and at the Q's these circuits operate at, a miss is as
good as a mile.  The secondary is un-tuned and acts as a step-up
transformer without benefit of resonant rise.  As far as impedance
matching goes, I suggest you read the theory chapters in _The Radio
Amateur's Handbook_ for easy to understand explanations of that and
related topics.

Zap,
Mark