[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Construction of secondary

Richard,

In reading your discussion with Dan and comments with BTW, I have a question
about my soon to be completed secondary.  Again, it is 6.0" dia PVC with
several coats of polyurethane under and over the #22 magnet wire (approx 950
turns).  I am constructing PVC end caps that are routed so they just sit down
in the coil about .25" and are flush with the outside surface of the coil.  I
had planned to use PVC glue to cement the end caps in place.  Dan's comment
about exploding coils raises a concern here.  Am I going to be trapping
explosive cement fumes inside the coil form - waiting to be ignited by the
first spark?  I really want to avoid this!!
Thanks, Ed Sonderman