From: uustar.starnet-dot-net!cats.ucsc.edu!lisanap
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 1995 23:22:05 -0800
To: uustar.starnet-dot-net!slug-dot-org!richard.quick
Subject: Update

Richard,
I've been getting a lot done the last week or so.  I have one rolled cap
finished, except for the oil.  My secondary is wound.  I got 850 turns
on it, and about 5 coats of varnish so far.  Next major assembly is the
primary.  Should the inside radius be one inch larger than the secondary
radius?  Or could it be larger to accomadate a larger secondary (6" dia)
in the future?
Is there a problem placing the cap to close to the primary? (induction?)
Can I use the cap tank as a pedestal for the primary/secondary assembly?

I still have some stuff to gather for the protection circuitry and the
ground, but payday has to come first.

Thanks,
Mark R. Napier
lisanap-at-cats.ucsc.edu