[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Putting in ground rods, it's too quiet...

Hi Chip and everyone,

 Here's what he does:
Dig a hole about a shovel wide and a shovel deep.  Fill this with water and
push the ground rod in as far as you can.  This will be only about 3" or so.
Then pull the rod out of the hole and let the water fill it up.  Then
push the rod back into the hole.  From then on, don't pull the rod completely
out of the hole, but just work it up and down, pushing it in a little farther
each time.  He says that he can put in 8' ground rods by hand without
pounding.

Over on the radio amateur echo somebody was saying that this method is not
the best for putting in ground rods as the soil does not make good contact
with the rod as the water washes the soil away from the rod. I'll see I can
find how they recommended to plant those ground rods and I'll post it.

Best Regards,
Mark

-- Mark
       _/_/_/   _/_/_/_/       Mark Conway
      _/    _/    _/          Deep Thought BBS, Auckland, New Zealand
     _/    _/    _/          A FirstClass(tm) Macintosh GUI BBS
    _/_/_/      _/          Internet: mconway-at-deepthnk.kiwi.gen.nz