[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary resonant frequency: using a signal generator

Disclaimer: All ignorance of the author is herein declared a prime
target. Poke fun at your own risk.

I have this signal generator, a nice early seventies brick, $19.95 special.
Fresh out of the box, and all I had to do to make it work was solder some
of the connections inside that the factory apparently....missed.(Really!
it was suppposed to be new, never used before)
So I was wondering, how would one use such an item to find the resonant
frequency of his secondary?  I thought about it and concluded that you'd
never find the frequency which passed the most current because this
finely engineered generator is not going to produce the same current at
all frequencies...(Hey, it's a tube-type:) )
So what would one suggest I do, in terms of hooking this puppy up to a
coil (or would one suggest that I scrap the idea and find someone with a
digital generator -- and even if I did, how would I go about hooking it
all up, eh?)

Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot
startup disk, and replace head - wow, what a night!
                -- Kryten in Red Dwarf `The Last Day'
Opinions stated herin are not those of the author, but of the society
which has been brainwashing it since birth.

  						 dewzenol-at-vulcan.inlink-dot-com