From: lisanap-at-cats.ucsc.edu
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 18:56:08 -0700
To: lisanap-at-cats.ucsc.edu, richard.quick-at-slug-dot-org
Subject: Re: UPDATE

Sorry about the chopped message.  Your answers are what I was looking
for, though.

I want to get a ground set up so that I can start running the tank and
set up some vibration in the cap so that it will bubble out some.
I'm trying to stick with the gradual "break-in" described in your
archive.

More questions about grounds:

How much ground do you need for 1KVA? 2KVA?  Is there a correlation
between the amount of power and the surface area in the ground?
If so, then 1" pipe is better than 1/2" rod?

I understand that there are variances due to moisture and soil,
but I am wondering how many rods I have to drive for this particular
coil. I will probably be moving within a few months, but I don't want
to wait to fire this up.

Thanks,

Mark Napier
lisanap-at-cats.ucsc.edu