[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New 6 inch coil

 * Original msg to: Jbritt-at-uniserve-dot-com
 * Carbons sent to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting Jess Britt <jbritt-at-UNISERVE.COM>:

> I am eventually going to make my primary out of a 100 foot roll
> of copper tubing but I can't afford it right now and I was
> wondering if there was something else I might be able to use. I
> saw a picture of a bargain basement coil on the ftp site and I
> think it used an extention cord for the primary. Would I be
> able to do the same.

That was Dave Hartwick's coil. Yes, you can fire with any
reasonable conductor wound into a simple primary coil. The
extension cord will work OK for low powered fire-up until
to can get a nice primary assembled.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12