[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Splitting & Tank

Gentlemen:

        From the snappings and cracklings of one : Scott Myers
        <102505.61-at-compuserve-dot-com>  ---

SM>Yes, Richard Quick is right.

SM>My first coil, and others since, have the bottom of the secondary
SM>and the inside of the primary grounded together.  And they work
SM>well. They may not tune as sharply, but I assure you, they are
SM>indeed Tesla coils.  My first was from plans

        Neh - neh - neh.  There are high-voltage resonant transformers.
        The design was stolen from Dr. Tesla, who disavowed any further
        association.  A little show of respect (for Dr. Tesla!), please.

        And see, please, my longer utterance on the subject, appearing
        in a nearby post.

SM>done by Information Unlimited.  Many people here know of Resonance
SM>Research and Mr. D. C. Cox.  This is a professional company that
SM>makes coils.  Guess what? They use a common ground point on one
SM>side of the primary and the secondary.

        They are thieves, then, in my opinion, and if they are calling
        their product "Tesla Coils" then they are insolent thieves.

SM>coiler, or any professional coiling company, will tell you can
SM>ground one side of the primary and secondary together and have a
SM>nice working Tesla coil system

        Yes, it makes a very nice working =high-voltage resonant
        transformer=.  (If you are going to steal something, at least
        steal something that works well.  That's my motto.)

        All that sparks is not Tesla (or words to that effect).

SM>out the grounded primary.  They work well.  And because one side is
SM>grounded, they are inherently a little more safe.

        We have no argument here.
                                        Yours in honesty,

                                        Robert Michaels - Detroit, USA