[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Secondary Voltage

I agree, but thought I would report results anyway.  If I
had a "zap" switch, which I really should have from the
safety standpoint, results would probably be more meaningful.
	By the way, in running this evening I noticed that
the first time I turned my coil on it took maybe 20 seconds for
streamers and sparks to reach full length.  After that, at
least for several minutes, they were full length at turn on.
Might be a thermal effect due to heating of the capacitors
with resultant change in tuning, but not sure.  The frequency
of the primary started out at around 260 kHz and ended up
nearer 280.  Don't think that's a big enough change to produce
the observed results, but will investigate later.
Ed