[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Voltage Reversal of Pulse Caps

Scott,

I think there is a misconception concerning the concept of voltage
reversal in TC primaries.  Namely, the voltage reversal having to do
with the AC line is trivial compared to the RF oscillatory reversals
that occur at the resonant frequency of the coil.  These cause much
higher physical dielectric stress and corona problems.  It is difficult
to calculate shot life for a series of RF bursts, but I do know that a
conservative voltage rating is the key to long life (didn't a Tibetan
guru say that?)