[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Set up outside again

 * Original msg to: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
 * Carbons sent to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com (Ed Sonderman)

> I have also thought about buying some .031 poly sheet and
> wrapping the secondary with several layers clear up to the
> bottom of the toroid. This wouldn't look too cool - but would
> it work?

Yes, it works. I have had good luck in the past with regular
plastic food cling wrap ("saran wrap"). You probably have a roll
in the kitchen right now. It might take a few wraps but this
stuff is easy to apply, cheap, available, high-Q, and has a good
dielectric strength. Combined with the other fixes we discussed,
it should solve the problem.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12