[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

7000 volt pole pigs?

Hello everybody!

I have been looking for a pole pig to start a coil with. It seems that where
I live we only have 7000 volt primary circuts. I have asked the local power
co. if they could get me a 14 - 22kv transformer and they can't find one.
They did say they had a bunch of 7kv transformers. I already have 2 6kv
neons rated at 30mA. Is the 7kv pole pig worth the trouble in getting since
I already have some neons at almost the same voltage? I know the additional
current would help, but how much? BTW, the 7kv transformers are rated from
5kva all the way up to 150kva monsters. (have one in the back yard supplying
the house, weighs 1200 lbs)

Also, when is the Tesla group going to get it's own newsgroup? There seems
to be more than enough traffic, and more people could partake that way.

Chris.

Thanks in advance for any replys... (hint hint)

cfrancis-at-infinet-dot-com
francis.17-at-osu.edu
N8TBW-at-KB8GVW