[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Coil Progress/Capacitors

On Mon, 23 Oct 1995 tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com wrote:

> Right now, Plastic Capacitors looks the best.  It seems to be a smaller
 company
> and will entertain smaller orders, and possibly better discounts.  They also
> indicate that they will work with me if one blows and replace it.  I belive
 that
> this is an experimental area for them also.  I know that this is also the
 source
> of capacitors for Richard Hull.  Overall, Plastic Capacitors seems to want to
> work with me more.  They have a good customer service attitude.  I'm not
 ruling
> out Condenser Products.  I know that's where Richard Q. got his matching 45KV
> pulse capacitors.  I'll keep you posted.
>
> Scott Myers

  Scott, et. al.:

  I'm kinda new to the list, but have built a couple of coils (one of
which kinda roasted itself; my guess is poor coupling comined with poor
construction). I have dealt with Plastic Capacitors before, and they were
more than willing to replace my cracked and worn-out capacitors for just
the price of shipping, even though I purchased the units used in Oklahoma
City. At first, they were a little weary, but after I talked to one of
the techs there, he opened up a little more, and said that anytime I, or
any friends, needed caps, to call them, and they would try to work
something out. I told him what I was working on, and he gave me some very
helpful advice, and then told me that he was a coiler himself, he is in
the builders society, and that he (and the company) strive to help the
Tesla community in any ways possible. Among his other motives for this
(besides making friends, helping others, all that) was, of course free
advertising, but he didn't make a big deal out of it. Overall, I would
say that they are a very friendly and helpful company, and strive to be
as helpful as possible.

   Jomo...
--Shaun Halstead
	tesla-at-southwind-dot-net