[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Caps

Quoting gcerny-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com ( Glenn Cerny ):

> Wow, I just bought 2 rolls of poly at 3'X50' 4mil thinking I'm
> cool.  Just read an old text I saved that specs out 60mil as
> the needed value.  I know that I can layer the plastic, but

Yes, this is right. While you can use multi-layers in a rolled
capacitor, I do not think this is the most effective way to use
thinner dielectrics. If I had this material I would think hard
about constructing a vertical stacked flat plate capacitor.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12