[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: cheap HV caps

Hmmmm.  I don't think I'll salute that one without my splash goggles and
polyethelyne clothing.  I suppose if there were absolutely no other
possible materials I would try it, but otherwise I would opt for oily newspapers
with aluminum foil over a gutted battery.  Messing with battery acid
will almost guarantee some holes somewhere -- in your clothing, the carpet
(tracked in), etc.  The amount of hassle seems to far out weigh the benefit.
It would probably be less hassle to make your own jars for a saltwater cap.
:-)

Chip