[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Capacitor calculations

 * Original msg to: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

Quoting Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com (Ed Sonderman):

> I have seen several postings recently regarding calculating the
> correct capacitor size for a given transformer.  I assume these
> values are coming from a program such as TESLADP.  I tried this
> for my pole pig and get a value of .064 mfd.  What does this
> mean?  I would guess that this is the maximum value this power
> supply can charge effectively in a tesla tank circuit?

Yeah, though there are others out there who are better qualified
to respond to this than me. These calculations are usually used
to match neons or other internally limited transformers to the
tank circuit capacitor. When you go with pole pigs and rotaries
these calculations pretty much go out the window.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12