[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: "vacuum" gaps

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996 09:00:57 +0700, tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com, you
wrote:

>>From scotty-at-wesnet-dot-com Sat Apr 13 14:13 MDT 1996

>I'm sure they are high RPM.  I have heard lately of someone wanting to
>do exactly as you describe.  The "Shop-Vac" motors are even higher.  If
>I had to guess, I would say the standard unit turns between 3000-4000
>RPM, and the Shop-Vac type over 6000 RPM.  They do have decent power.

Malcolm,
	watch out for series wound motors, where the field coil is in
series with the armature. They will try to go to infinite RPM with no
load. If your rotary spark gap is too clean aerodynamically, it may
come apart from G forces.

	jim