[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High frequency impedance of a neon sign transformer

Hi all,
       Jim wrote....

> Ed,
>     How are you determining the impedance? I'm beginning to
> question my method of using a pot in series with the inductor. i.e. I
> is 90 degrees out of phase with V. therefor the V across the resistor
> is out of phase with the applied voltage.

But V across a resistor is always in phase with the current through
the resistor, so V across the resistor is always directly proportional
to the resistance. Hence circuit current is accurately determined and
that, added vectorially with the voltage across the other circuit
component will give the impedance of that component.

Malcolm