[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla coil specs.

Charles,

This coil was really nothing special in itself.  It was made probably
10 years ago when I knew less about TC's.  The form was 7 ft tall x 21
inches in diameter.  It was wound with 22awg color TV anode wire (the
red wire that goes from a TV flyback to the side of the picture tube).
It resonated at 90KHz with a 24 inch toroid.

We used anywhere from .05 to 0.2uf capacitance with a simple rotary
interrupter.  The transformer was 14.4KV -at- 10KVA (overdriven at times).
 The primary was a straight helix of 1/2 inch copper tubing.  Like I
said, very vanilla.

Zap,
Mark