[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Poly Cap Idea!!!

All,

A local graphic arts service bureau has agreed to use their cold press
to encapsulate strips of aluminum foil for me. I thought I'd run the
idea past the group before I tried it.

The laminate is clear 5 mil poly with an adhesive on one side. The
lamination machine has large pressure rollers used to squeeze air out.
The end result would be 12" (or larger) strips of household foil (heavy
duty?) laminated on both sides with 5 mil poly with ample side borders.

I would then roll two laminated strips (10 mil dielectric), and fit them
into PVC tubes with mineral oil (ala Hull).

I've used this process for years to laminated posters and large display
boards. The process is very clean. Let me know what you think...

...Jeff