[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New to group.

Tesla List wrote:

> >From rwt-at-ozemail-dot-com.auThu Aug 22 21:59:13 1996
> Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 22:57:16 +1000 (EST)
> From: Russell W Taylor <rwt-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: New to group.
>
> Hi I am new to the group.
> Logged on to check my mail and was happy to be flooded with 35+ messages. I
> will have to sit back and read them all before I ask a question that may
> have already been answered.
> I am new to Tesla coils, especially building them. I am actually trying to
> track down some early models like those uesed in schools and university's
> earlier this century for a private collection / museum. Does anyone out
> there have any suggestions?
> Also I would like to build a coil (a small one to begin with - < 30V input).
> Are there any plans around for such a thing? I have a catalogue from
> Information Unlimited (US Company) that retails a small coil (kit form) for
> ~US299. Perhaps I could build one cheaper than this? I am not very good at
> wood / metal work so I would like to start with something simple.
> Regards.
> Russell W Taylor                  Internet: rwt-at-ozemail-dot-com.au
> Professional Computer Solutions   Phone: (612) 9911-7750
> Level 20                          Fax:   (612) 449-9346
> 99 Walker Street                  Mobile: 0411-857-997
> North Sydney  NSW  2060

Hi Russel.

Check out Kristians ftp site(i have alink on my page), there you will
find lots of documents, info and pictures.
Seems like you want to build a solid state coil to begin with. You can
also check out my homepage(listed below) i have some plans there too.
I have built some of those with flyback TV transformers and they work
well but doesn't produce BIG sparks. They are a good start though.
Be careful and good luck.

//Matt
--
Matthias "Tesla" Andersson // tesla-at-ixx.se
 http://www.ixx.se/usr/tesla/default.htm