[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Photo Anomaly: Promised Update

>Here are a couple of corrections to my previous note on the
>doctored photo(s), and some further information that may be
>of interest.

Thanks for the excellent information!

>The heavily retouched photo, with only Steinmetz and Einstein,
>is originally from the book "The Steinmetz Era", by B. Gorowitz.
>This was sponsored by GE and was published by what I beleive is
>their own internal publishing label (Elfun Hall Publications).
>The caption in that book for the photo reads "Another of
>Steinmetz's distinguished visitors was Albert Einstein who came
>to Schenectady in 1921. It was in that year Einstein received
>the Nobel Prize in Physics".

[snip]

>One possibility is that the man behind Steinmetz is not Tesla at
>all. In his PhD dissertation, Seifer mentions that Tesla's grand
>nephew, William Terbo, maintained that the man in the photo was
>too short to be Tesla. Seifer gives no reference or further
>information on this. To be fair, Seifer is in the midst of making
>a totally unrelated point in that spot in the text, and further
>elaboration wouldn't flow well. Apparently there is no surviving
>record of attendees to the symposium, or the record is incomplete.
>Too bad, as this could be used to clear up the matter.

Ah HA! *laugh* I have always maintained that the man in the photo was *not*
Tesla! Ask anyone I ever talked to about it. <grin> Seriously though, I had
my wife (now ex) sculpt me a Tesla-head, and I was going to cast it in
bronze, and use it as the discharge terminal of a small, poorly-designed
coil ;) I gave her several pictures of Tesla to go by, including the one we
speak of here. I told her that I wasn't sure if that was really Tesla in the
picture, but hey, whatever works...
Anyway, after she was done, she came and asked me if Tesla had ever been in
accident, because this guy's bone structure was different from the Tesla in
all the other pictures. That clinched it for me. Call me paranoid, but I
don't think that's Tesla. :)

cya!

Dan

P.S. A visiting artist, showing my ex all her "errors", literally destroyed
the Tesla model, and my wife never made another one. :(  And people think
that scientists have egos? *laugh*