[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RF Interference : HELP!!!

Tesla List wrote:

> >From wosburn-at-utk.eduFri Aug 23 22:41:52 1996
> Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:44:58 -0400
> From: "William L. Osburn" <wosburn-at-utk.edu>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: RF Interference : HELP!!!
> Bill discusses Tesla Generator blow up.

> Less devices to soak up that power, though.  Is that how Tesla blew the
> generator in Colorado Springs?  Or didn't he use fuses?  Did he use fuses?
> Some of his safety methods seem frightening to me by todays standards (i.e.,
> OSHA).
>
> Later,
> *** Magic Bill ***

Bill,

In My book on Tesla's 1899 Colorado work, I note that he burned the power
company's generator out not by overload, but by RF induction on the
power lines.  Tesla states this quite clearly in the CSN.  The RF energy
reflected back down the line, faulted the insulation (cotton) on the
generators.  The resulting internal shorts within the generator caused it
to burn up from internal loading generated by the short.  The generator
burned itself up!

  Tesla was actually, very lightly loading the power company when this
happened and his magnifier resonator was not even running or hooked up!!
 Fuses would not have helped at the power company or the CSL.  Tesla was
just arcing the secondary of his driver to ground and the 3' long arc
from the driver sent massive amounts of RF energy back down the line.

Richard Hull, TCBOR