[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 12 inch spark, 1 inch flame.

Was wondering if you were using my design for that.  Haven't heard
whether you were successful getting it going.

My coil has no toroid.  Instead uses thick coating of that silicone 2
stuff on last 2 inches of top of coil, and also inside poly bucket
where screw holds top electrode, and also along 30 ga wire going from
perimeter of bucket towards this center conductor.

I realize that with sharp pointed conductor, I get less spark energy,
but then I've never had corona problems from top of coil. Also, I've
frequently had coil on my test bench with electrode connected to tube
for making X-rays or to directed arc to ground over which some unusual
substances were tested.

Rob.