[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 3/4 wavelength error

Tesla List wrote:

> >From jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-comWed Jul 31 21:33:52 1996
> Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 07:23:19 GMT
> From: Jim Fosse <jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: 3/4 wavelength error
>
> >> Skip Greiner,
> >>

> >Thanks for ther feedback. I was about to go out to buy some 22 guage wire
> >to start a new coil since I wind all of my coils with #12 to # 16 guage.
> >
> >Have fun
> >
> >Skip
> >
> Ah, Skip,
>         Am I missing something here. 12-16 AWG? What power level are
> you operating at?
>
> And I was just about to grab my (small) spool of #42 AWG for my next
> thimble coil;)
>
>         Spoofingly,
>
>         jim

Jim

Yeah, I know, I'm strange. I run 1kw to 2 kw using a synchronous break. I
only get 4.5' discharges, but I'm, working on it. My primaries are only
about 4 turns too. Also it takes much less energy to wind a 240 turn
secondary. If I can do away with the toroid, I also won't have to build
any more donuts either. Maybe I can go into production with a real
cheapie TC.

Regards

Skip