[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Test results

At 16:39 8/15/96 -0600, you wrote:

>From: "Christopher V. Wezyk" <wezman-at-acpub.duke.edu>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Cc: Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Test results
>
>> We are almost ready for testing using a Tesla coil to generate ELF
>> pulses and I beleive this may get interesting. Time will tell.
>
>  How would you go about designing a coil in the ELF range.  It seems to
>me that it would require extremely large values for the primary cap and
>coil.  I also plan on exploring the lower frequencies via the Tesla
>coil.  I have read that most living things and the earth itself resonate
>at frequencies less than 20 hz.
>
>0-> Chris <-0

Hello Chris:

I was wondering when someone was going to ask that question. You are
absolutely correct. It would indeed be beyond known capabilities to
construct a Tesla coil with a resonant frequency in the ELF range.

However, you can take for instance a 100khz coil, fire it up and
rectify the high voltage then discharge the HV DC to ground or a
ground array at specified low frequency pulses and possibly excite
a traveling wave at the frequency you desire.

There is currently some research in this area on the possible ways
to rectify the high voltage. I am presently leaning towards a method
of charging an elevated sphere with a type of field emission. The
method does look very promising.

Good luck with your research and be careful.

Charlie

Elfrad Group