[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 3/4 wavelength error

>From: Skip Greiner <sgreiner-at-wwnet-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: 3/4 wavelength error

Skip,
> You are doing some
>> things right thought. 4' at 720va!
I'll stick by this part.

>Jim
>Sorry, my post was not clear. I use a .021 cap with the 15kv 120ma neon
>which delivers 1800va. The 720va unit is a 12kv 60ma and the cap used
>with this neon is .013. My statement still goes: I can't figure out why
>I cannot get much larger much larger discharges with 1800va input.

I had a thought after reading your post to Ed and this one. Could you
be getting MORE discharges? I seem to recall a great difference in the
number of apparent simultaneous air discharges between my neon and my
pig; but no greater length. (I'd not gotten the pig and TC into tune
when I blew my third and forth caps which I've still not replaced.)

If you're game, try identical pictures ,say, 1, 5 and 10 second
exposures with the same distance, viewpoint but with your 2 different
primary drive levels. See if you can see either a greater number of
air discharges or a larger solid area of discharges in the developed
pictures.

	just a thought

	jim