[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ribbon vs. tubing

Hi Chip,
          The flashing should work very well. Even way back when
Tesla himself stated that flashing was the best. I must say, those
books Richard got together for me are absolute gems. And Richard
has also stated that he got the lowest RF impedance using flashing.
I don't know if anybody has tried this but you could get a very
compact high inductance coil by using polyethylene sheet between the
turns and tight-rolling it like a cap. The poly would have to overlap
the sides of the flashing by a couple of inches to prevent
flashovers.

Malcolm