[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: "DC drive"

At 07:25 PM 12/8/96 +0000, you wrote:
>>From DavidF4797-at-aol-dot-com Sun Dec  8 12:00:09 1996
>Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 09:46:12 -0500
>From: DavidF4797-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: "DC drive"
>

><snip>
>
><< although my coil uses a pure DC primary drive >>
>
><snip>
>
>I have always been interested in a DC coil, would you tell me more about your
>powersuply and gap and how the DC affects the design and performance of your
>coil as compared to an AC neon garden variety?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>-DavidF-

David -

The advantage of a DC Tesla coil is that you can obtain much larger outputs
compared to AC coils. In the 1930's three scientists built a 5 million volt
Tesla coil using only a 3000 watt input for nuclear research. The power
magnification was over 500! I briefly describe this TC in the Tesla Coil
Construction Guide.

Jack C.