[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Model-T Ford coil

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Tesla List wrote:

> Ford coils are simply induction coils.  As I recall, the old Model T used
> four of them (one for each cylinder) mounted in a box beneath the dash.
> They are still being manufactured for sale to antique car buffs, but are
> pricey at about $50 a pop.

$50?!  I paid $10 for mine and I know of a place where you can get a new
one for $5.  TTYL!

Antique Electronics Supply
P.O. Box 1810
Temoe, AZ 85281
(602) 894-9503

If not, I picked up mine at the Steam Thresher's show held in Sarnia,
Ontario every August.  (I think last year it was on August 14) And there
was a guy there with four or five of them at $10 each.  BTW, the book
Gadgeteer's Goldmine by Gordon McComb describes a circuit which you can
build that will function just like a Model T starter coil.  TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request-at-lowdown-dot-com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.
Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
http://www-dot-netcom-dot-com/~tonyh3/speck.html