[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: T.C. Plans Help !

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Tesla List wrote:

> > From: "Jorge F." <al263636-at-academ02.sal.itesm.mx>
> >
> >         Anyone outhere have any good plans for a 1000 watt Tesla Coil,
> >         this is my first very high voltage project ( my other T.C. didnt even
> >         go to the 300 w range )and I would like to get first a reference
> >         point to build mine around !
> >         Jorge Fuentes
> Jorge,
> 	Brent Turner, Richard Hull and others have written some
> good books on the subject. I suggest that you direct your attention
> to one of these authors and buy a book. It'll be $30 well spent.
>
> Tesla coiler at large.
> D. Gowin

Interesting that everyone just suggests buying a book.. Why should one
spend money on a book while the same money could be spent for equipment? I
mean here a book for building a coil - not a reference book which would
give one information about the history etc.. For that 30usd I just
acquired a 3-phase 11kW variac, 1-phase 200W variac and some HV
parts from an old SEM..

Now, to get back to the original question. Jorge, get all the maillist
archive files from nic.funet.fi :
/pub/sci/electrical/tesla/maillist/misc/*
and carefully read through the files. You WILL find all the information
you need. At the same time look at files found at
../tesla/misc/*
and you WILL find the information for free. Not only is the information
free but it will be a LOT better (read, MODERN and more efficient)
than in any of the "books". You can actually see the systems mentioned
in the files at subdirectories of
../tesla/pictures/
so you see that they are REAL and perform as mentioned. For that
1kW you should get about 1 meter of spark length easily.

I hope this helps,

  Kristian Ukkonen.

| Kristian Ukkonen       |  Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law |