[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

message dated 96-02-22 10:44:06 EST, tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com writes:

>Jim Fosse described his current system, including:
>
>>        cap:            0.0137 uF measured
>>                        10" by 96" rolled flashing and 0.060" polyethylene
>>                        in transformer oil.
>>                        I'm a little woried about blowing this with 15Kv.
>>

>Jim, I've built 6 similar caps using 60 mil poly, and every one eventually
>failed.  For 15 kv, you need 90 mil or better.
>
>Bert

Bert,

I agree.  I lost two of these.  One at 12kv and one at about 10kv.  What
voltage did yours fail at?  We need to get the instructions at the ftp site
for building these modified to alert future builders as to the true working
voltage.  I don't think they can be used above 9kv safely.

Chip Atkinson,  If we get a consensus on this, can someone modify those
files?

Thanks, Ed Sonderman