[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: secondary forms

Hi Malcolm,

I have a 1 foot diameter coil with a stack of 2, 14 inch toroids.  They
are 4 inch cross section and spaced about 6 inches apart.  Indeed, the
Fo does go down more with 2 than with 1 toroid, but the breakout
voltage seems to be about the same (although I have not formally
measured it).

If your aluminum spinner has hemisphere molds, you might want to go
with the circle of spheres idea a la my big coil.  This provides you
with a VARIABLE diameter toroid just by using different length radial
pipes.

Zap,
Mark