[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Followup Re: Bad Day -at- Coil Corral....

In a message dated 96-02-21 12:08:42 EST, tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com writes:

>res smoothly.
>I bought 4ga welding cable yesterday and will re-do my
>tank wiring again.  That 4ga "house" wire I'm running now
>is garbage compared to the construction and flexibility of
>the welding cable.  Still trying to find or build a "clip"
>of some type for the moveable tap on the primary.  The
>battery charger alligator clip I'm using gets HOT.  Thats
>probably contributing the the lackluster performance I've
>been experiencing recently.
>
>Glenn

Glenn,

I use a large aligator type clip (like you see on small battery chargers)
with a one inch length of copper tubing split in half and soldered to each
side crosswise.  It fits onto my copper tubing primary nicely and provides
good contact.

Ed Sonderman