[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tank Circuit Wire...

Quoting Tim Chandler <tchand-at-slip-dot-net>:

> In my continuing quest as an internal packrat, I came across
> some rather large wire (cable), and wanted to know if it was
> suitable for primary tank circuit wiring.  This is the only
> thing I could find out about the wire itself:

                 2/0 AWG
           325 strands/parellel
     Diameter of Conductor: 0.269" (copper)
     Insulator Build:  0.094" (94mil)
     Rated Current:  298A

> Someone also told me it looked like Locomotive cable...what
> ever that is. Any comments or opinions???

If your not paying for the copper weight then this wire will work
fine. Locomotive cable is the cable used to run the DC power from
the locomotive diesel/generator set to the traction motors on the
axles.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12