[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A Spark Is Born!

   To Chip, and our new fellow coil builders:

   My name is Tom Renko. My friend, Barry and myself have produced
   our first spark on our first Tesla Coil. We built it from an old
   B & L Scientific set of plans. Richard Quick is helping us to
   upgrade these plans into a working coil.It was a very exciting
   moment when we threw the switch! We are using 20 Corona beer bottles
   in salt water w/ oil. The arcing between the bottles was more fun
   to watch than the discharge sphere. Those sparks were only about
   4"-6". I know, we have a long way to go. Thanks for including us in
   your group. I'm printing your conversations for future use. We are not
   sure what kind of cap to build next? I know you guys work at a higher
   level than we do, but if you have any suggestions as to where we might
   go from here, it would be very much appreciated.

                          Tom Renko
                          Occupation: Welder (Current is my life!)

                          tahoetom-at-best-dot-com