[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Copper foil

tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com wrote:

> >From Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com Tue Jan 23 13:33 MST 1996
> From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
> Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 12:53:33 -0500
> To: tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com
> Subject: Copper foil
>
> Scotty Meyers,
>
> You mentioned in a recent post that you had used copper foil in building flat
> plate capacitors.  I am looking for some rolls of copper foil (probably more
> like copper flashing) 3" to 4" wide to solder my ground rods together and
> then to use as the main RF ground connection for the coil.  Where did you get
> this stuff?  I have bought the aluminum flashing at the hardware store for
> the rolled poly caps but have not seen the equivalent in copper.
>
> Ed Sonderman

Hi Ed,

No, I never used copper foil.  If I said copper foil, I apologize.  Although, I did price it
once.  FORGET IT!  It is way too expensive.  The usage on copper foil is just too low, so it
has a very high price.  It is cheaper to use aluminum, by far.  True, the copper is a better
conductor, but for the price, the aluminum is good enough for me.

Scott Myers