[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

mineral oil for caps

Hey coilers,
I'm kinda new at this, but I do have a couple small coils that seem to work
ok for a first try. I think the problem I'm havin' is with my crummy glass
plate caps...they're just not very good quality.  So I got all the materials
to build some of Richard Hulls' poly-alum-wrapped-submerged in oil type
caps.  I also sent for his video on their construction (want to get them
right the first time)   Anyway, I can't seem to locate a source for the
mineral oil, and was wondering if transformer oil would work as well.  Also,
the xformer oil I found was available as "inhibited or uninhibited"...What
does that mean? Which is better for this application?  I've been reading all
of the posts here, and I know someone can answer these questions.  Also, I
got R.Quick's video of his pole-pig powered monster...WOAH! pretty
impressive! Thanks Richard. I think I'll be stickin' to neons, at least for
a while.  Well, that's all I got for now. Thanks for your help.

               Ken Cravens

  Jury: Twelve people who determine which client hired the better lawyer.