[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Homemade Plate Caps.

Robert,

I wouldn't use any adhesive.  There should be a film of oil between the sheets
and the entire thing should be submerged in oil.  The plates should be vertical
to allow air bubbles to escape.  Make the case tight enough to hold the entire
thing together without needing adhesive.  If you have the styrene sheets
already, you could use model airplane cement to hold the case together.
I believe that plastic models are styrene.  You could also go to your local
plastics dealer and get some cement there.  I have used methelyne chloride
based cements on styrene based plastics without any trouble.

Chip