[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Software

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996 22:25:18 -0600, Tesla List
<tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>, you wrote:

>>From armitage-at-tiac-dot-netWed Jul 17 22:22:02 1996
>Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 21:13:54 -0400
>From: Graham Armitage <armitage-at-tiac-dot-net>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Tesla Software
>

>Thanks Malcolm, although I am having some trouble with these figures. I do
>not doubt the value of 100nF but have trouble replicating it. Using the
>traditional formula of C= KA/d   K = Dielectric Const (2.28 for LDPE)
>                     A = overlap area in inches
>                     d = dielectric thikness in inches
>(answer in pF)
>
>gives a value of 238nF for a flat cap and roughly double that for a rolled
>cap. I have been rather short of sleep lately and may be staring the obvious
>in the face. Please show me what it is.

	C= 0.224 *(N-1)* KA/d	for a flat plate Inch units
	C= 0.224 * N   * KA/d   for a rolled cap. N in both cases is
the number of plates. The factor 0.224 is the Inch conversion factor.
There is another number for Metric which I don't keep on the top of my
head.

	cheers,

	jim