[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Singing like a banshee

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996 22:25:33 -0600, Tesla List
<tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>, you wrote:

>>From dwt-at-efn-dot-orgFri Jul 12 22:07:49 1996
>Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 19:44:11 -0700
>From: David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Singing like a banshee
>
>Rwstephens Wrote:
>
>"The successful voice modulation of a high-powered spark gap
>oscillator powered Tesla coil is a back burner project I've been
>working on.  If you listen to the first vocals from the Black Sabath
>song Iron Man, and imagine this acoustical voice energy coming entirely
>from the
>discharge of a medium-large coil you have an idea of what I expect to
>accomplish.  Again, this will not be new, but IT WILL be fun!"
>
>Hello, that's something I really want to do at some point (By next
>summer at least!).  But, I haven't a clew about how to start with a
>small to medium sized coil!  Could you or someone else give me some
>pointers?  Has anybody on this group done such a thing with a disruptive
>discharge coil?  Voice modulation, even low quality, would indeed be
>cool!  I would be grateful for any replies.
> Thanks all.
>
>David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>

I just came across this url during an Alta vista search:

>Spark Transmitter
>     Radioscientist ON-LINE. The Sounds of a Spark Transmitter:
> Telegraphy and Telephony. John S Belrose Radio
>     Sciences Communications Research Centre Ottawa...
>     http://www.sns.it/~cerri/spark.html - size 16K - 9 Apr 95

	jim

[ I'm going to put this in the safety FAQ if/when I get to that section.
  It'll go under the "legal safety" section --

  When I first started getting into tesla coils, I called the FCC.  The guy
  didn't know much about them, but the one point he made that was clear
  was that modulating a coil (and thus any output RF waves) is illegal.

  If you are going to do this experiment, I suggest constructing a faraday
  cage for your apparatus. -- Chip ]