[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CP Explosion & idea

You wrote:

"Where does it READ that they are rated for TC use?? At least my cap had
just the rating in "VAC" with no indication of that being the pulse etc.
rating.. Perhaps we presumed something after CP stating _unofficially_
something like "they work in TCs".. Perhaps CP should consult someone
with
a high-powered TC for testing their caps as their testing methods seem
be totally inadequate.. Too bad.."

Kristian, the CP Caps ARE designed for TC use, at least that's their
claim. I requested a list of all their TC Caps and at the top of the
form they list the Caps as "high voltage capacitors designed
specifically for Tesla coil application" and provide the following
specs: 60 HZ 120 PPS 100 kHz to 500 kHz Ringing frequency.
 I have an order in with them that's scheduled to be shipped July 18, I
doubt they will let me out of it now, I will be calling them to express
my concern regarding safety of these Caps.

David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>