[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor oil

>  I'm having trouble getting a straight answer from the "other list" so
>  > I've decided to make an appeal to this "more serious" list.
>  >
>  > Are there any oils (other than mineral oil) that are good for use in
caps?
>  >
>  > How about:
>  >             1.  Castor Oil
>  >             2.  Paraffin Oil
>  >             3.  Vegetable Oil
>  >
>  > Thanks,
>  >
>  > Greg Peters.Hi All,
>  In addition how about hydraulic fluid? The oils
>  should have the water 'baked' out. Has someone
>  done this?
>  Regards,
>  Dave Huffman-at-d0tokensun.fnal.gov

       Hi all,

Re:--- one of my soon-to-be re-started projects (#40000000) ;-)

     These oils (even used) can be filtered /distilled ---
to remove any water/metal /carbon /acid etc.
      I have seen some postings of electrical specs.
of some materials---- I want to do some tests on these & other things.
---- water for example ,is a di-electric.
      Does any one "out there" have specs on the curvature
of radius etc. for electrodes for hi-pot testing of di-electric
materials ?? (industry standards )

 Later
                    Sandy