[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Showtime

<<  I'm enjoying my new coil,even though I've destroyed one
           of my two neons. I'm still getting 40" bolts with just
           one. My question to you all is: What can I do to put on
           a more spectacular show? Maybe some kind of special
           "target"? Right now, it's only striking the ground rail
           or some piece of machinery. Any help would be appreciated.

                    Tom Renko (The Amp Man)

Tom,

I think the best display is when the coil is running and the dishcarges are
leaving the toroid, dancing all around the top - discharging into the air.
 Unfortunately, mine likes to hit the strike rail on top of the primary also.
 I have added a small raised ridge all around the top outside edge of the
toroid which helps.

Ed Sonderman