[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CP Group Order Halted

>>From scotty-at-wesnet-dot-comTue Jul  2 22:03:06 1996
>Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 09:56:17 -0400
>From: Scott Myers <scotty-at-wesnet-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: CP Group Order Halted
>
>Hello All,
>
>Kevin Conkey and myself, Scott Myers, have been discussing the legal
>aspects of sending out these CP caps.  We have decided it is not
>worth the small risk that is involved.  While we are not "agents" of
>CP in any way, shape or form, we felt that it was best to bow out
>of the entire situation.
>
>Do not interpret this decision as a loss of faith in CP.  It is just
>that this situation has grow far complex for our comfort.
>
>I personally will continue to use CP caps, if they will still offer
>them to me.  I have several of their caps and they have not given me
>any problems.
>
>However, if you continue to use the caps from the original order, be
>advised that you do so at your own risk.  There should be safety shields
>installed around ANY pulse capacitor in an electrical system.  To not
>do so is foolhardy.
>
>All money sent to Kevin Conkey and me will be returned forthright.
>
>Scott Myers

[major snippage because what I first wrote was out of anger]

I am disheartened by this.
I will have no recourse but to take my returned money order and send it
to Condenser Products; it already is made out to them.

Capacitors have been an issue. I had already made a tank and have all the
materials to make a Richard Hull cap. The reason I stopped work on it was
because the poly I had purchased was single 90 mil and Richard advised that
the dialectric should be multiple sheets. I strongly respect his advice.
My next choice was the C.P. cap.
In a recent post, Richard Hull wrote profoundly. Tesla Coil involement is
extremely dangerous. I have experienced a cap explosion and was uninjured
but the important lesson was learned regardless. I believe the capacitor
to be the most vunerable component of the system. Even without the recent
posts of capacitor explosions, there would be no way I would employ any
capacitor in my system without a containment apparatus for safety reasons.
Anybody that has ever seen a small electrolytic cap blow in a small DC
circuit can imagine the increased magnitude of this effect with a cap
of Tesla porportion.

I am now so frustrated with all of this I feel like back burnering my
Tesla hobby. I need a pep talk.

Bob Schumann

==  If you understand, things are just as they are.        ==
==  If you do not understand, things are just as they are. ==